Wednesday 28 August 2013

My second Sew Much Shop and Studio!

I do apologise for not posting a new blog for a while but I have been rather busy growing my Sew Much Fun business! Last summer I spotted this rather lovely shop for sale in Windermere in the Lake District and decided it was the ideal spot for my second Sew Much Fun Shop and Studio. Over the next few posts I will show you the progress of getting it ready for its opening on 25th July 2013.


I finally owned the shop in February this year and the first goal was to restore this charming hut! to its former glory when it belonged to the local railway in Victoria Park.


I particularly loved this lovely row of windows down one side which gives the shop lots of natural light making it a great place to work and create. We are still surrounded by Victoria Gardens so we feel we have plenty of space around us.
Inside we had a bit of work to do changing the layout and of course introducing our signatory pink back wall!

To go along with the opening of the Lake District Shop I designed a sheep motif! which is now available in kit form to either make a summer dress or as a motif to add to a tee-shirt or it is available in our most popular comfort cushion sewing project kit. All of which have been popular in both the London and the Lake District shop and available in several colours.



1 comment:

  1. oooh! I love the building! what a lovely place to work in.
    Seems like you are doing a great job with decoration. Looking forward to see it when it's done!
    besos
    Diana

    ReplyDelete